Monday, July 18, 2011

It's a God Thing

I have to start by saying how unbelievably blessed Zach and I are by this wonderful God of ours. The relationship I have with Michelle is TOTALLY a God thing...and to be honest...I would say majority of my relationships at this point in my life are "God Things" (if you know what I mean). The women in my life bring me closer to God in our relationships...each one of them differently...but all point to Him. I think that is why I am so in love with each relationship I have right now...because ultimately I want to be more in love with HIM! Well...Michelle is a GOD THING (just like her mom said this weekend)!

Michelle and I met right here! In 2010...I think probably January or February, Michelle commented on one of my posts about running. We started commenting back and forth and finally decided to meet for a run in March (here). I knew right away there was something there...even though every one I told was kind of concerned about our meeting. We ran (at the same pace which was awesome) and talked...the one thing I remember so much was she made a comment about how she thought The Catholic Church was a colt but then saw that I listened to David Crowder Band and thought....a Catholic listens to David Crowder??? Maybe they aren't so bad! It all makes me laugh now because this past Easter, Michelle was welcomed with open arms into The Catholic Church.

Since that March, both of us have gone through ups and downs....and in our own little ways...we have been there for one another! It blows me away how God knows exactly what we need and when we need it! I have gotten to know majority of the women I am friends with right now during the hardest time in my life...through my time with Oliver. These women were such rocks for me...God in person...God making His presence known! And I am blessed to have each one of them in my life!

Well, Michelle and I have gotten closer over the last year and a half and now we are bonded for Life! Zach and I became Godparents this weekend to Mike and Michelle's beautiful little girl, Brooke Henley!






It's a God Thing!

No comments: