Sunday, July 3, 2011

34 Weeks!


How Far Along: 34 weeks...6 more to go!

Size of Baby: I swear this little one grew this week....I feel bigger in my opinion. And I feel like my tummy is higher...if that makes sense.

At 34 weeks, Baby #3 should weigh about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and be almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.

Weight Gain: +30...gained 4 this past week...hopefully this is an indication of Baby growth as well...

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new....and I won't be buying anything because we are ALMOST THERE!

Gender: Crazy, vivid dream this week about delivery and it being a boy. I had visions of Blue :) Getting so excited to see who this little one is as the weeks go by!

Movement: Feeling knees and feet mainly at the top of my belly. When I feel a foot, I like to see how big it is....foot is about the length of my pinkie finger right now. Most movement though is low...the head moves a lot and I feel a big urge to use the bathroom. When I am sitting, these movements are very strong and really uncomfortable...maybe I am squishing the baby by sitting...I don't know. The movements also cause mentral like cramps....never felt that before.

Sleep: I feel very rested this week. I have been getting up once a night to use the bathroom and I do toss and turn to get comfortable, but fall right back asleep once I do. I mainly sleep on my right side with a small pillow between my legs. I don't need anything for my tummy becasue it rests comfortably on the bed. Zoe sleeping until 8 or later most mornings really helps, too!

Symptoms: Started the week off so sick...something I ate at the wedding...wish I had known ahead of time what it was because it was not worth it! But a pretty low key week after that. No legs cramps this week! Everything is just getting a little bit harder though...bending, walking up stairs, playing with Zoe on the floors, holding Zoe, getting up! I am at the point where having the baby here would be a whole lot easier thatn being pregnant with him/her.

Best Moment of the Week: I loved getting to see Baby #3 again in our ultrasound.

Nesting was in full force this week and I loved every minute of it! When I was pregnant with Zoe, we were living with my parents. So, I had one room that Zach and I stayed in and nesting wasn't really needed. Having a home this go around...nesting is a MUST! I am loving getting everything organized and putting all things in their place. Since I am not really focused on getting a nursery together...all my nesting is going towards closets, Zoe's new room and our bedroom. All are almost done and I can't wait to post pictures when they are.

Aside from Baby

...I got to spend a wonderful night with 3 awesome women that I just love celebrating my Birthday! I feel like once you get to this point in life...girl friends are so important....for your insanity. I LOVE going to dinner with my husband and having date nights....I love the time we spend together just the two of us! But I also LOVE a girl's night and girly conversation!

...TV is up and working...and only cost $60 compared to the $240 the TV repair guy wanted to charge us...no thanks. And Computer Cord came in so we are back "online" :)!

Doctor's Appointment on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a gorgeous pregnant lady! I bet it's a boy- I think a mother's intuition tends to be right! It was with me, I knew Knox was a boy from the start!

Christine said...

I agree, you look just beautiful! And you could have a different experience, but I just had a little boy about a month ago (and I have a 20 month old) and toward the end of pregnancy I too thought it would be SO much easier if the baby were here. Let me just say, so not true!

Praying for a healthy rest of pregnancy and delivery for you!