Wednesday, July 27, 2011

37 Week Appointment

I visited with one of the midwives yesterday, Kelly. I have seen her many times throughout my pregnancy and I like her....but she isn't really a "midwife" as I would first think about it. She is more "with the times", where I really want someone who will help me pull out all the old tricks to get through this delivery a little bit better than last. The first time we met, she told me that she gives her patients meds right when they ask after I told her I wanted to go natural...That she hated seein her patients in pain. I want someone who will help me work through that tough contraction and have lots of encouragement! That is not to say she won't be that way in delivery...I just thought midwives mindsets were the more natural route...

All went well though and I was very relieved....I do believe my scale at home is broken...really! When I got weighed I had only gained 1 pound from last week....so +35. I mean...6 lbs in 1 week is kind of ridiculous. What doesn't help is that I told Zach about this absurd weight gain and he looked at me and reminded me of all the sweets I had that week and told me he could see how I could have gained 6 lbs...seriously! He said he loved me no matter how much weight I gained...snickering!

The baby's heart rate was in the 150s....so high! I measured 36 weeks...consistent once again. I looked back at my post from Zoe's 38 week check and I measured 36 weeks at 38 weeks....so I am not worried at all because that precious little one came of her due date :)

So my eyes are set on the prize...come on August 14th!

Next appointment is Wednesday. I meet the last Midwife, Michelle, and my progress is going to get checked.

1 comment:

Life throws you surprises! said...

I think the due date will be the coolest day to be born for so many reasons.