Thursday, December 31, 2009
Zoe Jane had her 1st Christmas. It was such a fun day for us to have our first day as a family.
We are FINALLY in our house and it is all coming together so nicely. We have had so many bumps in the road to get into the house and a couple more....like spilling paint all over the hardwoods (I mean ALL OVER) or our hot water heater not working after we finally got our pipes fixed, in order to make the home livable. But we see the light at the end of the tunnel! This week has been crazy! We have had pipes replaced, a/c unit installed, furnace fixed, hot water heater fixed, direct tv installed, siding replaced, gutters installed..........people have been everywhere...in and out! And it has all been worth it.....our little home is so homey! We have been slowly moving in and spent our first night in the house on Tuesday! It was also Zoe Jane's first night to sleep by her self in her crib. Definitely bitter sweet. She did really well sleeping Tuesday, not so well Wednesday. But she will learn.
Zoe Jane also wore a bow in her hair for the first time! Love it!
We also get to celebrate our first New Year's together tonight. I am so excited to see everything that 2010 has in store for us. 2009 has been quite a year! February I lost my job, March we moved to Georgia and Zach got a job at Hamilton Mill, March we also found out we were pregnant, June we started looking for a house, September we celebrated our 1 year anniversary, November brought our little Zoe Jane and we bought our house....WOW....what a year. Hopefully, 2010 will be a little bit more low key!
I feel so unbelievably blessed! To ring in the New Year, I, of course, have made a resolution for myself. This year....drum roll please.....my resolution is to run 800 miles by the end of the year. Today, I signed up for The Country Music Half Marathon and training begins tomorrow....or maybe Monday :) Can't wait.....Nashville here I come!
Pictures are coming when I get my computer!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Katie Beth just couldn't hold her excitement in!
Zach and I got Ian a marshmallow shooter but Cory, Shawn and Zach had way more fun with it. I don't think men ever really grow up...........EVER!
The whole trip really wears a 5 week old out! (Thanks Ms. Crystal for the adorable Christmas outfit!)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
#12. Send Christmas Cards.......did it last week!
#14. Buy a House......check as of November 30th. And for an update on that! Well, nothing seems to be easy in this whole house buying process....and I am sure you are sick of hearing about it....or I have completely convinced someone out there never to buy a house! But, we have hit another bump in our road to moving into our home. After closing on the 30th, we discovered that our newly bought home's A/C unit and all copper piping had been stolen.....SERIOUSLY....I couldn't make this up if I tried. After everything we had gone through to get to closing and then we finally got there and THIS....I just laughed....I couldn't cry! Luckily in our contract there is a clause that stated the home has to be in the same condition as when we signed our contract, which means that the seller's have to replace the unit and piping....GREAT! We are on their time though and you can't really live in a home without water. So move in date.....God only knows. Until then....we are getting a ton done in the house! Pictures will be posted when everything is complete!
#17. Join a Church (not just attend)......I am so excited to have FINALLY joined St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
#29. Lose 40 pounds after November 2009......I am pumped! 30 pounds have fallen off due to no exercise and lots of cookie eating! I have a feeling the last 10, but really I would like it to be 15-20, will be a little bit tougher! Luckily, I have a race I am going to be training for coming up in April!
#80. Find a MOPS group or other Mom's group to get involved with......Love my little Mommy's group that has gotten started. Mary and Katie are two girls I went to high school with and we reconnected because of our little ones! Mary has invited her neighbor, Laura and her 5 month old Elizabeth....she is absolutely hilarious! Katie has invited one of her friends too Lauren and her son Nick who is 10 month old...so cute!!!! We are going to start meeting every Wednesday and rotate houses! Can't wait~ They are all so much fun!
#84. Send out Birth Announcements before December 20th....Sent on the 11th...Check!
I do believe I have done pretty darn good!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Zoe Jane is 1 month (4 weeks) old today! Wow! My life completely changed 1 month ago and I would never want it any other way. I love this little girl so much! So much has changed in 1 month, especially Zoe Jane. Here are some things going on in the life of Zoe:
- Zoe wears newborn clothing and is in between newborn and size 1 diapers.
- Zoe eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and sleeps a lot during the day. She is usually wide awake between 9-11 pm and has many fussy moments in between these hours....but it is so cute still....I doubt that will last long.
- Zoe loves to be held....probably because for the first 3 weeks of her life she was never put down....we are trying to break this but it is hard.
- Zoe has the hiccups often and spits up some and GRUNTS A LOT! We have a little piggy.
- Zoe has not lost much hair, if any.
- Zoe has big blue eyes....I hope they don't change!
- Zoe doesn't seem to like her car seat at times....especially at night.
- Zoe doesn't really like the dark....lights are on most of the night....we rock her to sleep every night and make sure she is good and sleeping before we turn them off.
- Zoe sleeps 4-5 hours straight every night and Mommy thanks her for this!
- Zoe is swaddled every night!
- Zoe loves her hands...you will find them near her face most of the day.
- Zoe coos, makes little giggle sounds and smiles randomly. I can't wait for her to laugh and smile on purpose.
- Zoe is lifting her head really well.
- Zoe looks like her Daddy, in my opinion.
- Zoe really likes lights.
- Zoe is perfect in every way and I love her so much!
Zoe Jane's 1st conversation with her PopPop!
Things that helped me survive this past month:
- Dwell Studio receiving blankets.....best to swaddle with....they are huge!
- Breast Pads.....for obvious reasons.
- The Boppy Bouncer....otherwise I would never be able to take a shower!
- I am so happy I have a breast pump. Even though I love breastfeeding, I enjoy that I can have a break if I need it. And Zoe never had nipple confusion with her bottle. I use Playtex VentAire and have really liked them.
- My husband! I give so much credit to single moms.....how do you do it? Zach has been an unbelievable help with everything....even though he has been pooped on many times.....he still hangs in there!
- A Pacifier....Zoe doesn't keep it in her mouth long, but those couple minutes of sucking really soothes her.
- A Washing Machine! Between spit up, throw up, poop, and pee.....this machine is being worked overtime.
- Happiest Baby on the Block is a LIFE SAVER! The 5 S's are no joke.....shushing Zoe Jane with a pacifier is magical! And swaddling is the best thing ever!
- And for all new moms.....make friends with women who have children around the same age as yours....having support from women going through the same things is great and playdates are so much fun!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Baseboards are being laid today.....if Zach stays on task :) And then, we are hoping countertops next week, along with me painting the chair rail....the list really never ends.
But Zoe Jane has been doing great through all of this....quite a trooper!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
(Side Note: Doesn't my husband clean up so nicely.....I just can't believe how lucky I am!)
Zoe's baptism was very special to us because her Papa was the one who baptized her. And to make things even better, my Dad asked Rickey, Zoe's other granddaddy, to come up to the altar so they both could baptize her.....so special! This day is one I will always remember. Thank you everyone that celebrated with us! We love you all! And, of course, The Dessert Box made the most delicious cake for the reception!