Monday, September 19, 2011

Training: Day 1

The day has come!  I am 6 weeks post-partum which means....Training for Savannah Rock n' Roll begins!

I must be honest.  I was very nervous for today.  I have run 4 times since Evan's birthday.  My first run was at Alexander Park and I ran 1 time around, about 1.5 miles....so hard!  My second run was around where I live...it was 2.65 miles and it went great...slow...but great!  Run 3 was horrible!  I mapped out another run around where I live and did not think about elevation....yikes!  I walked quite a bit of this run because it was so hilly. My fourth run was at Tribble Mill Park and was about 2.8 miles.  My sister and I walk/ran around the park's trail.  Hills I had to walk up, but it overall was a good run.   I also went to my 6 week check up today.  I weighed in at 180lb...oh dear!  This is 16lbs down from birth day, but 40lbs from where I would like to be and 30lbs from where I probably will be.  So far to go and I was a little down after the appointment, even though I got the okay and everything checked out great!

So, needless to say, I was nervous today after having to walk so much during my last 2 runs amd carrying so much extra weight.  To my surprise, the run was great!!!!  Zach and I mapped out 3 miles from our house up Braselton Hwy.  Zach ran first and then I picked him up at our 3 mile mark and I ran home.  This works perfect for us because neither of us like running with a stroller.

My legs were so much lighter today.  I really tried to move my arms more and actually pick up my feet...I tend to drag.  Music is always a must and a positive attitude.  I had many pep talks with myself!  And I ran the entire 3.1 miles!!!  Big Accomplishment!


Mileage: 3.1 miles
Time: 00:32:45
Pace: 00:10:19

During our training until race day....November 5th....I am going to document each run, times, maps and hopefully a picture of myself before the run and weigh in.  I want to see my progress!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

You'll get there, you are very determined. Funny...it seems everything happens so fast with 2nd and 3rd babies EXCEPT weight loss! No fair!

crystal hollyhand said...

You will have it off in no time!! There aren't many people that can say they started training right after having a baby so thats a big accomplishment! :)