Monday, August 1, 2011

38 Weeks


How Far Along: 38 Weeks!

Size of Baby: Baby #3 has really plumped up. She/He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She/He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her/His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Weight Gain: +35

Maternity Clothes: Whatever fits....we have slim pickings these days!

Gender: I think we picked a boy's name....of course...my hubby is quite the jokester about the whole subject now because he knows it irritates me....but I think it is for real. And to think all this back and forth with names might not even be necessary if our Baby #3 is a girl. Oh well!

Movement: Very slow movement. We can always feel our baby's little feet around my belly button....but the inn is full and I am ready for this little one to come out!

Sleep: I had an okay week of sleep...I am just having a really hard time sleeping in the same bed with Zach. I get so hot....and I need more space than my side of the bed allows. I asked him very nicely if he would sleep in the guest room for the last week...he looked at me like I was crazy. HA...but I was being serious.

Symptoms: I can tell this ride is almost over....I feel SO pregnant! When I am on my feet too long, I retain a lot of water....cankles as my mom likes to call them. No thank you! I have to get up very slowly....if I get up too fast the pressure to my bladder is BAD! Going to the bathroom at least 4 or 5 times an hour and once at night. This go around, I got a couple stretch marks on my side...they are really small though so I am hoping once I shrink back...they won't be too bad. Still having braxton hicks with some cramping.

Best Moment of the Week: To be honest....I had a piece of pizza and I didn't get sick....sad...Yes....but it was so good!

My appointment is tomorrow and I get checked to see if I have made any progress. We will see :)

2 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Praying the doctor's visit goes well today! Glad you got enjoy some pizza...it's the little pleasures! :)

KIMI said...

Hope your appointment goes well today! You are so close:) I can't wait to see if it is a boy or girl and to find out the baby's name!