Monday, August 8, 2011

Not Quite as We Planned

This weekend really didn't go as planned....

Friday night, I was scheduled to work until 2am. The girl who I was supposed to be helping in accounting, the one who is doing my shifts when I am on maternity leave, had no clue how to do anything. Very frustrating. I ended up working until 4am. Can we say EXHAUSTED!

Saturday morning, Zach woke up to a snot faced Zoe. Zoe has a runny nose, watery eyes and looked like this majority of the weekend.
The kid NEVER gets sick...Seriously, I can count on one hand how many times she has been sick....and she chooses this week to get sick! Poor baby. I got to sleep in until almost 11am and soon after I got up, Zach got a call from his brother who needed help with a leak at his house. So, needless to say, our family fun day turned into a pajama and Mickey Mouse day. I was able to clean the house while Zoe rested and Zach helped Cory.

Saturday night, Grammy came over to watch Zoe while Zach and I headed to The Andrews' House for Game Night. It was so nice to spend time with everyone and relax!

Sunday Morning, we headed to brunch with The Williams' Family! We have not seen Jenny and Ben since Easter Vigil, so our get together was long overdue. We went to brunch at Three Blind Mice....it was DELICIOUS! The kids had fun playing, too....until Zoe decided to be scared of Flint and cry every time he came near her. It was pathetic and so unlike her. I think it had to do with her not feeling 100% and needing a nap. But Flint was so cute and has changed so much!!!
After Brunch, we headed home for naps...but Zoe's power nap in the car was enough for her and didn't want to sleep. So Tangled in our bed was Plan B. We all rested for a while and then got some things done around the house until Mass.

Even though our weekend didn't go as planned...we still had a good one!

2 comments:

Mary said...

ugh Joshua had a little cold too this past weekend..stuffy noses at night are the worst...we're just getting over it thank goodness..back to good sleeping!..i love that growing belly collage, i'm going to have to keep track like that next pregnancy! can't wait to see pics of the new little one! btw im back on blog, i accidentally deleted sigh, but i added you on my new one!

KIMI said...

Zoe looks pitiful in the first pic! I hate that she was sick and you didn't get to have the kind of weekend that you planned:( I am sure am getting anxious to find out if Baby is a boy or girl though. Good luck with a boy name if it is needed!