Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lay 'em Down

November 12th........

I am thankful for prayer.

Today, I must say, was not one of my best. Do you ever just feel down....like crying would be the best thing in the world? On a day like today, I am so glad to be able to pray about what bothers me, what went differently than I hoped it would, and that I have all of you praying for me, too.

I had my 39 week appointment today....I am 40 weeks on Saturday. Blood pressure was fine, heart rate on the baby was fine, the baby had a growth spurt this past week which is great......BUT still NO PROGRESS....Nothing....Nada....Zero! I can't help but be a little disappointed. I was just hoping for something.....ANYTHING! The doctor also didn't seem very hopeful. He didn't feel that anything would really happen within the next week, so we scheduled me for a stress test on Friday. And if nothing does progress on its own, I will be induced on the 23rd. Not ideal.

Not to mention......buying a house has been one of the worst experiences of my life! No exaggeration. I am so sick of it all and ready for it to be over.

Be Positive.....be positive....is all I have been telling myself. And this is where the prayer really kicks in! One of my favorite songs by NeedToBreathe is Lay 'em Down. Pretty much the gist of the song is if you have things troubling you or bringing you down....lay them down to God.

Tonight, I pray

*for a healthy Baby
*for labor to progress on its own before the 23rd
*for the closing of our house
*for things to be simple
*for things out of my control to not affect me negatively
*to be happy and positive
*for your continued prayers and support
*for you all and any troubles you may be having
Lay it all before the Lord!

2 comments:

The Cannons said...

I too love that song!The boys can really belt it out too! "Turn it up and roll down the windows, Momma!"

Phillips Family said...

Everything will be fine, during pregnancy classes they kept telling us have a plan A, B, and C. And I had to go with plan C (C-section, which upset me too, b/c it was not how I pictured Carson's birth for 9 months). This will all be over before you know it and you will be SO happy when its time for your baby's arrival you won't care how he or she is arriving. We love you and will see you at the hospital if not before! Maybe you need some eggplant parmesean, I am sure Cory would jump at the chance to eat at Dominick's again!