Tuesday, November 3, 2009

H3: Thanksgiving Style

So....last month Kimberly, over at Bowling Family Moments, started a little thing she likes to call Hide His Words in your Heart (H3) and invited all her readers to join in. The group simply has one verse (last month 3...but so worth the extra memorizing) to memorize the whole month. Growing up, memorizing scripture didn't seem all that important....but now I realize the importance of it! So, I jumped right on! Last month, we had Deuteronomy 6:6-8. This month is Psalm 100:4.....ALL ABOUT THANKSGIVING!

Now, we all know the month of November is most famous for stuffing our faces as a Family....but it is also about reminding ourselves of the blessings we have in our lives. Kimberly challenged each of her readers to think of one thing you are thankful for every time we go to read and memorize our new verse of the month. I challenge you the same! If you are not memorizing the scripture, just think of one thing every day that you are truly thankful for. I am going to record the things I am thankful for everyday on the blog....you do it how you want to. In a time where so many things can get you down or come between you and God, why not be positive and give THANKSGIVING for the things we DO HAVE!

November 1st: I am thankful that my husband came to Mass with me and I got to hear his beautiful singing voice.

November 2nd: I am thankful for my Hazelnut Chocolate Decaf Tea at 6:30 on a rough morning!

November 3rd: I am thankful for friends who check in....whether by text, a call, a message on FB....however. I am thankful for people who truly care about me, my husband and our little one on the way!

3 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh I love your thankful thoughts already...this is going to be one blessed November for your family, that's certain. I pray all the H3 group readers will be blessed beyond measure during this Thankful Month!!

Glad you loved the sock monkey... I thought it was too cute to pass up! You should be getting your H3 verse in the mail this week too!

Cara S. said...

Oh man, I kid you not Deuteronomy 6:6-8 has popped up in the last 3 days at LEAST.FIVE.oR.SIX.DIFFERENT.TIMES for me!! I think it is God speaking very loudly to me...I have always loved the verse but I think it is so funny how God works like that. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I am new to your site (found you on the Bloom book club ning site) I love your blog and am now following :) Sto by and say hi if you get a chance :)

momofbugs said...

Too funny...yesterday I wrote a long list of all the little things I was thankful for such as sunshine. It really helps put life into perspective and show you that everyday there is something awesome going on!