Saturday, November 21, 2009

1st Week

Zoe Jane has been born for 1 whole week.....I can't believe a week ago today....I was about to start pushing our bundle of joy out! For our first week, it was a great and busy one.

Grandma stayed for the first couple days and it was so wonderful having her here. I have a really hard time letting people help me with things....a really hard time. I really like to do things myself but Zelda insisted she help and I really appreciated her being here! Grandma and Granddaddy get to come back next week and stay for a week. I am so excited to have them visit again.....especially since we will definitely need their help due to closing that week on the house!

Thursday, Zoe Jane had her first doctor's appointment. I absolutely LOVE her pediatrician, Dr. Evans. She is so loving and the nicest woman. We got everything checked out. Zoe weighs 6 lbs 9 oz.....a little bit lower than birth weight, but higher than her discharge weight. Her length is 19 3/4 inches. The doctor asked if she was making all the milestones at her age....reacting to loud sounds, start raising her head, making good eye contact. She is doing all of them! We go back on Monday to have a weight gain check.
After her checkup, we had a play date with our good friends, Alyshia and Greg. Greg III was born on September 30th. It was so funny seeing the two babies next to one another....Greg is SO much bigger! But so adorable! I can't wait to have more play dates with them in the future!
Friday, Great Grandma, or Grandma Panchito as we call her, arrived from Arizona. She will be staying until the end of the month. We also had visits from Carrie and Laurie. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of Carrie and Zoe and the one with Laurie didn't turn out! They will have to come back and visit so we can get more! Zoe has been sleeping really well.....and she sleeps all the time. Yesterday, she slept from 6-11....missing a feeding which made me nervous, but it allowed us to have a great dinner celebrating my Grandma's birthday at Dominick's.

She has also been eating great! I love breastfeeding! I love the time I get to spend with her....just the two of us. I just stare at her the whole time. She smiles a lot too while eating and it just melts my heart. Breastfeeding also takes away a lot of worry....I know that when Zoe is done eating and full, she will let me know and detach. And I also love that I don't have to lug around bottles and formula....everything we need is always with us! Zoe Jane has been eating every 2-3 hours, more often at night. My milk flows extremely fast, so she only eats for about 10 minutes a feeding. I also have to burp her often....I love hearing her burp....it is so funny!

Zoe Jane is wearing preemie size clothes.....she is teeny tiny! I hope she will be in her newborn outfits soon...they are all so cute!
I have been keeping track of her messy and wet diapers and when she eats....I am very much a "schedule" person and this helps me so much. When we left the hospital, the doctor said she should have about 5-7 messy diapers and day and I laughed....I have taken care of a lot of kids and never have I seen one have 7 messy diapers in a day. Well, boy was I wrong.....our little girl has 9-10 a day! I guess I should see this as a positive thing....she is healthy!
I received these yesterday from my wonderful Pop Pop. They are beautiful....Thank you so much!
Update on me: I have been feeling GREAT! I am healing wonderfully and have lost almost 30 pounds so far....only about 20 more to go! I just am so overwhelmed with joy and love and more love! I have never been happier in my life!

4 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Motherhood ... Nothing compares. So surprised by my sweet picture in the mail. She looks adorable! Thanks!

The Sweet Life said...

Becca....you look great!!

Kari said...

Zoe is a precious baby!!! Such a doll. My son had those same pj's Greg has on. Amazing how much they can grow in one month.

Lone Butterfly said...

I'm so glad Zoe is doing well. She's looking so healthy and beautiful. And I totally agree with you on breastfeeding, it's the best!

We can't wait to see her again soon!