Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Issues

I have been having some issues in the computer department this past week. I was about 95% sure I was going to have to buy a new computer, but luckily we have a wonderful computer guy that has helped fix the problem. I have to get a new hard drive, which sounded scary and expensive to me but turned out to be very reasonable. Only bad thing is that I might have lost all my pictures and documents. Good thing is I have a blog that I post all my favorite pictures to! It is kind of sad how much I rely on my computer though....I am definitely going to start backing things up!

Other issues......as you know....Zach and I are buying a home...a foreclosed home. So, before we can actually move in, there are some things that need to be fixed or updated to make it livable under our standards....no big deal. In order to do these repairs, we are taking out a 203K loan which is designed specifically for people who buy foreclosed homes....Great...right? Well, what we didn't know is that it takes 2 or 3 weeks AFTER closing to get the loan approved and make the funds available to the hired contractor. Darn! We close on October 20th and 3 weeks after that is November 10th...cutting it mighty close and that is when they can START the repairs. Not looking like we will be bringing the baby home to our new home but oh well....such is life. In the 2 to 3 weeks after closing, we are going to go in a rip all the carpet out and let the home breathe and paint. I will be able to start unpacking all the kitchen things too...so we will definitely still be busy!

The swelling is here...in full force! I can't stand up for more than 20 minutes without my legs turning into tree trunks. So unattractive! Zach loves to just touch my feet and see how long it will take for them to regain their coloring. So easily amused :) We are getting closer though...6 1/2 weeks! That is less than 50 days! Thank goodness it is getting cooler too....I just love FALL!

2 comments:

momofbugs said...

HAve you been tearing off the rings? Sorry that the house is taking longer than you thought but it is better to have a positive attitude about it. I know your house will be just the way you want it before long.

Courtney Long said...

So sorry things are a little slower with the house than you would like. We were doing renos on our loft in the weeks leading up to my delivery with Lawson, and it was very stressful! You have a great attitude, though. Good for you! Good luck!