Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mission in the Mountains

I have a truly AMAZING sister....yes....Be jealous! For those of you who have sisters, you know that there is no bond like sisterhood...or I hope you do. There is always someone there for you to talk to....ABOUT ANYTHING....Always a shoulder to cry on....a hand to hold....a huge deep laugh about the silliest things....a BEST FRIEND who doesn't judge and will never leave! An amazing gift from God. I love my sisters.

My sister Kaitlin and I have, for quite some time, had a great relationship that I treasure and love dearly. She is such a blessing in my life and truly makes me want to be a better person. She is such a strong individual...a strong woman...a woman of God....and I look up to her, even though she is my younger sister.

Kaitlin graduated from Auburn about 1 month ago, as some of you many remember from an earlier post. It is so funny, especially in a home of 3 girls, how different each one is. Chrysti and I always knew our passions....went to college having everything "planned" out....what our careers would be....what the next 10 years would look like (or so we thought). Kaitlin went to college not knowing a thing....having no direction (or so she thought). From her Freshman year, I can remember vividly her talking about how she never thought school was for her...that what she wanted to do she couldn't learn at school, but she had goals. She wanted to study abroad, which she did, and she always loved the Spanish language....she graduated in Spanish. Even on graduation day, Kaitlin had no idea what she was doing with her life....but she was open to anything......and she was okay with not knowing what was coming....she trusted that everything would be fine....I love this about her!

Boy was she in for a huge surprise! Kaitlin was excepted to a year long Missionary Program at Covecrest in Tiger, GA in August....about 1 week after graduation. I cannot even express to you how happy I am for her. I have never seen her so happy in my life! She left for Covecrest on Monday afternoon. I spoke with her today and it was like talking to a different person.....in a GOOD WAY! I can't wait to go and visit her!

I want to ask all of you to keep her and her faith journey for the next year in your prayers! Part of the missionary experience is to share her witness through a blog....And we all love reading blogs! Here is Kaitlin's link if you would like to follow:


I love you, Kaitlin and I am so proud of you!

3 comments:

The Cannons said...

Checked our her blog and loved it.I sat and read in tears. I too love having a sister! They are a blessing.

momofbugs said...

I think I might just cut and paste your blog post unto mine. You said basically everything I wanted to. I talked with her yesterday too and she is amazingly on fire. I am so happy for her.

Kaitlin said...

Thank you Becca! This was so nice to read:) I love you so much and am truly blessed to have you as a sister and to have the family that I have.