Project #6 - Lily Ann Cabinets
With the floors complete, we could finally start putting together our new kitchen! I did a lot of research on cabinetry. It was a big purchase and I wanted to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. I wanted white and nothing too fancy...we aren't really the fancy type ;) We watched a ton of DIY videos and often times they used Cabinets to Go...so I started there. There was a warehouse in Atlanta that we could visit to actually see the cabinet and they had a great website where I could literally build our kitchen and see what the final cost was going to be. Very helpful for budgeting! When I called to see if the cabinets were in stock that we wanted, the sales person said they were unavailable until the end of October! On to Plan B...
Plan B was full of online searching! I ended up choosing a company out of Ohio, Lily Ann Cabinets. The cabinets are delivered ready to assemble style. Lots of organizing and thinking ahead for these and a little bit of extra work...but that was fine by us! Once they arrived, which was in the middle of our demo, we took a cabinet at a time and assembled since the wood glue needed to be able to set before installation.
Each cabinet had dovetail construction and we chose a solid maple door in a white shaker style. Since the company is online based, they have a design team that help you step by step. They were great...very quick to return emails and so helpful in choosing the right cabinets to fit into our budget! They also drew up elevations for us that helped me so much to visualize the end result.
Once the cabinets were installed and the granite was measured, it was a week before the granite arrived for installation. With the granite installation came a functional kitchen and I could not wait! It was a LONG week...but well worth it! And of course, each following project had to wait on another project before it could be completed. The granite had to be installed before we could work on the plumbing for the sink and dishwasher. The granite also had to be installed before we could do the backsplash. So we had about a week of stand still to clean up and work on other little projects here and there.