Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Fabulous Weekend

Thursday, I had a wonderful day working at A Daisy A Day for Valentine's Day while Zach had a fun day at home with the kiddos!

Friday was GORGEOUS...so we spent the afternoon outside playing!

 We had a yummy, unprocessed lunch (since that is what we gave up for Lent) with an apple and peanut butter sandwich, carrots, celery and grapes!


 And our deck is OFFICIALLY DONE!  I never thought the day would come.  
I was so excited for out dinner on Friday.  We not only cut out processed foods but also observed the meat fast.  I made a black bean, tomato and corn salad to be put with greens.  We also made a homemade dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and cilantro!  Zach and I could not believe how good it was.  Zach even went back for seconds!






 Friday night we had our Family Movie Night and watched The Lion King, at Zoe's request!  And we definitely did not want to disappoint her by not having yummies since she had been so good all week.

We decided to make our first batch of homemade ice cream.


We air popped our popcorn, too!
And we were ready for Movie Night!

 Friday night, I also made granola.  OMG!  Y'all...this stuff is DELICIOUS!

We had such a wonderful, relaxing evening Friday night!

Saturday we were in no rush for anything and had no plans for the day!
 We made waffles and once again could not get over how delish they were!
 Zach had to do a couple things in the afternoon for his business while the kiddos napped (and maybe Mommy too)
When Zach got home, we had lunch and then packed up for the park.  It was a little bit chilly, so we decided to make some coffee and bring it along.  I had not had coffee since Tuesday since I typically douse it with yummy vanilla caramel creamer (which I have since learned contains not one bit of actual cream).  I just figured there was no way I could find an unprocessed way of making my coffee any good so I will just say goodbye.  Well my friends, I mixed organic half & half with honey and a touch of cinnamon.  I mixed it all together before putting it in my coffee....SOOOO GOOD!  I couldn't believe it.  The whole way to the park I kept telling Zach how good it was!  I think I was sick of hearing it haha.

Zoe has been obsessed with taking picture with my camera.  She just snaps and snaps.  Typically the pictures are of the top of Evan's head, a cup, the window, etc.  But I found this one and just laughed and laughed.  This is how I prepare lunch every day.  Evan, as I have said before, is a monster eater.  The kid as no fill point!  While I make lunch, he usually stands right at my feet whining and saying "I eat, I eat".  You would have thought I starve him, but he really only ate 30 minutes ago!

Sunday was a wonderfully calm morning as well!  We headed to Mass and had a delicious lunch at home!  We just relaxed and played outside and then took great naps before heading to a gender reveal party for Baby Wise!

Gosh, I love weekends where nothing is really planned and we can just relax and enjoy our family and all God has blessed us with!

No comments: