Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When is the Baby going to get here???

Every morning, my niece Ally comes straight to my belly....tells me how much she loves my baby and always will, gives my belly a big kiss and then asks....WHEN IS THE BABY GOING TO BE HERE! Everyday!

At first I would always say...in November....but what does that really mean to a 4 year old? Then I started saying....after Julie's birthday (Oct. 24th). That worked for a while...but just wasn't cutting it...the question still comes everyday.

So, I decided to have the girls help me make a paper link chain that counts down to the Expected Due Date (like you do for Christmas). It went over really well and Ally and Kayley really did well. We decorated all 80 strips of paper and then each girl handed me a strip to staple together. Now instead of Ally asking if the baby is coming today....she says "Can we tear off another circle today?"

....79.....and counting!

7 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

What a wonderful idea...and I bet it's fun for the girls and you and Zach!! Neat and a great photo/story for the baby's memory book, how even the smallest could hardly wait for the blessed arrival.

The Sweet Life said...

good idea!

Phillips Family said...

Very creative! I love Riley's hair in that pic!

KIMI said...

I love it! They are just too cute:-)

crystal hollyhand said...

Cute idea...I might should try that at school because they ask me everyday if I have gotten that baby out yet! haha...when I say no its still there, they ask well when? Today I responded well around Valentines day...the little girl just looked at me and said "well is today Valentines day?" haha...it never ends!

Christa said...

Just came over from Lambert's Lately, love your new blog layout!! I also started following!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Very creative....

love your blog and I think we have the same designer...Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog that I launched today. The button on my regular blog will take you right to it....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/