Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Letter C


This week begins Preschool....homeschool style....at The Phillips House.

I am very excited to get started with our 26 Letters to Heaven Curriculum this week!  The author has given me so many things to do...more than enough!  But, of course, I have found things on Pinterest that I want to incorporate  as well!

I decided for each week to choose one saint, one virtue/scripture to focus on.  The author provides many.  I am sure down the road, we will cover a letter again, so I can go with some of the other suggestions for each letter at that time.

For this week, we are learning about St. Christopher and the virtue of Charity.

Our Verse this Week:

So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

St. Christopher is the Patron Saint of Travelers which is perfect for this week because we will be traveling to Alabama on Tuesday!  And also we will be focusing on Cars on Monday!

Monday, I have a fun car painting craft, a craft that talks about the differences between a cross and a crucifix.  I have a St. Christopher coloring sheet and we will be making homemade Cookies!  Lunch will be all about C with PB crackers, string cheese, carrots and some fruit cars...all of Zoe's favorites!

Tuesday, will be all about the Circus and Clowns.  Our local library is having guest clowns from Barnum & Bailey Circus for story time!  Perfect timing!  We also picked up a ton of books from the library today about cars and crocodiles and colors and chameleons to take with us on the car ride to Alabama....and what better place to stop for lunch than Chick-fil-a!

Wednesday, the kiddos will be with Grandma.  I got an adorable book...."If you give a cat a cupcake!" and I am going to suggest they make some yummy treats and read this cute story.  I am sure Grandma will love baking with her grandbabies!

Thursday, we will be heading down to Tuscaloosa to go to the Children's Hands On Museum with The Hollyhand's!  I am really excited to take the kids here finally after seeing how great it is in pictures.  And I am sure it will wear them out and make for a calm ride home!

Friday, we round out the week with Ballet and Family Movie Night with "CARS".  I have found some really cute ideas to make movie night so much fun surrounding the theme of this movie!  Can't wait!

I hoping it is going to be a great first week!

No comments: