Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nothing for Granted

It is Midnight....I may have had 2 3 glasses of wine while catching up on the last two episodes of Parenthood {if you don't watch, you should}....and I have swollen eyes and a snotty sweater .  Gosh, I love that show.  I love it for the realness it portrays of the family.  I love that it has 100% made me love my family with all I have.

I feel very guilty in the fact that I take my family for granted...my immediate family and my in laws.  The phrase "You don't know what you have until its gone"....well I don't want that to be the case for me.  I don't want to look back and think of every regret...every wrong move...every time I should have loved and didn't. Life is precious and too short and it should be filled with love and more love and endless love.

I want to take nothing for granted.

I cried a lot tonight.  I cried over fake characters, in a fake life on a tv show.  And yet...the tears were so real.

This last year, I have seen so much struggle.  Struggle with my friends and their mothers, struggles of loss of a father, struggles of a best friend, struggles of job loss, struggles of husbands at war, struggles of miscarriages and oh so much more and I look at my year and realized there was really no struggle.

I don't want to take that for granted.

God has blessed me and my family abundantly!  On the outside, from someone else's view point, it may not seem abundant....but let me reassure you!  We are BLESSED!  We may have a small home, older cars and a small income...but you better believe...we are full!  Full of so much love and that, my friends, is all that truly matters.

This year, I am determined to live in content!

Resolutions are great...I love them!  I resolve to take nothing for granted...to live in thanksgiving.  To be humble and satisfied!  I resolve to love fully and genuinely!

I RESOLVE TO TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED!


1 comment: