Monday, January 2, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Challenge

My sisters and I are moderately obsessed with Pinterst...as I am sure most of you are as well...and if you aren't...well you should be!

Over the holidays, we decided to have a cook off because there were so many yummy recipes we wanted to try from our boards.  We originally planned for each of us to do a recipe a day for 5 days...one having breakfast or a dessert, lunch and dinner.  Well the craziness of the holidays kicked in and we were not able to follow the schedule exactly, but such is life!  We did have some fails and some total successes!

And if I must admit....Kaitlin Won!

Breakfast #1 was Tiramisu Pancakes!  I was so excited to make these because I just love tiramisu and the thought of eating these pancakes with my morning coffee just made me happy!
 Pancakes equal a success...made a little bit of an error on the cream cheese filling.  At the store, I accidentally bought whip cream instead of heavy whipping cream...BIG DIFFERENCE!  But I do believe, with the right cream, these pancakes would have been a 10!
Breakfast #2 was Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.....and yes they were as delicious as they sound...if not more!  Kaitlin was an expert with this one!
 These pancakes were amazing...but you could really only eat one due to the sugar coma you fell in to quickly after.
 The kids loved this one!
Lunch #1 was Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with a Lemon Orzo Salad.  Total Success once again.  I am now obsessed with this sandwich.  I have had one every day since Kaitlin first made it.  And the Orzo Salad was good...it was refreshing and would be great during the summer!
 Lunch #2 was Baked Potato Soup.  This recipe turned out okay...but definitely need more seasoning.  I am one of those people who follow a recipe to the absolute tee....and unfortunately for this one...I could not find the seasoning she used :( I loved the consistency of it though and it was so nice to have a warm bowl of soup on a cool winter day.
Dinner #1 was Spanish Chicken.  This one I feel also needed some extras.  It is so funny because I know NOTHING about seasonings, what to add to to a dish...what I would do differently..like I said....I follow the recipes EXACTLY!  After this dish, my mom and Chrysti were going back and forth on what they would have done differently.  This was supposed to be a Spanish dish because of the Chorizo...well there was no Chorizo at the store...so it turned into more of a Cajun dish with spicy sausage.  This dish could go a lot of different ways, so my mom and sister say, with some additions to the original recipe.
 Dinner #2 was Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken.  I am a HUGE fan of all things bruschetta and this was a success!  I would have put a little (or maybe a lot) more cheese on top of the chicken, but it was still delicious....and quite healthy! 
 Dinner #3 was Dr. Pepper Brisket Tacos.  This was probably my favorite dish of the whole week.  SOO GOOD!  Another success to Kailtin and totally not something that would have caught my eye...but so glad she made it.  We made had more of Brisket Quesadillas.  The sauce for this one was amazing!  And this is a Crock Pot recipe for all you Slow Cooker Lovers!
Our one and only dessert...Peanut Butter Chocolate Eclair Cake.  And yes...it was Yummy!
Overall, my favorites were the Brisket Quesadillas and Pesto Grilled Cheese!!!! 

What are some of your favorite 'pinned' recipes!?!

1 comment:

Hollyhand House said...

Wow, it all looks so good!! That's such a great idea!! I pinned some of them to try!