Thursday, January 19, 2012

She Does Him Good...

So I came to a huge realization....another one.....what is with me this week!?!

Zach and I argue...I know, I know...hard to believe!  Last night, we argued about him helping me around the house.  Ever had this argument....glad I am not alone!  If you haven't...it went something like this.

"Zach, after I get done feeding Evan, can you swaddle him and put him in his crib?"

Roll of the eyes and whisper under his breathe..."As if I am doing nothing right now."  

And that is all it took to send me into complete hysteria!

Now, I know I am a woman.  I should take complete pride of keeping my home super sanitized, organized and smelling great.  I should have dinner on the table promptly at 6:00.  Clean clothes should always be folded and put away, not a wrinkle in sight.  And my children should sit still and say please and thank you, yes ma'am, no sir...on que.  But I am a woman, unfortunately...who doesn't take pride in this....

....until now!

After our argument....where I explained to him that I can't do it all by myself (and shouldn't have to) and he made the comment that he works 40 hours a week and I work 12...aaahhheeemmm....TWELVE!!!...

I had a thought....or maybe the Holy Spirit was talking to me...a come to Jesus kind of conversation....and I realized something...

Maybe if I did take pride in these things...if these things were to somehow bring me happiness...then maybe we wouldn't have this argument....and we would be happy!

You see...if you want something to change...you must change yourself...if your goal is to change someone else...good luck (I've tried...it doesn't work ;) )!

"She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."
Proverbs 31:12

So my thought continued on....If I do good to him, what would he most likely do in return....

GOOD!

If I make dinner....he will love me and in return....do the dishes!

If I do his laundry and fold his clothes....he will love me and in return...put the clothes away!

If I clean the house....he will love me and in return...not leave his stuff all over the place!

But even if he doesn't....I should still do him good....All the days of my life!  (and pray really, really hard that he does the same in return).

So here is to a new way of thinking, living, cleaning, and doing some good!  

Prayers Welcome!

No comments: