Saturday, October 1, 2011

Training Day 6 and a Typical Saturday

This morning I felt like I was ready to get back in the game....so to speak.  It may have been encouraged by the unbelievably perfect weather!  On the calendar for this morning was a 5 mile run.  I, of course, did a run/walk.  Instead of following Jeff Galloway...how do you do the run/walk ratio if you aren't on a treadmill and don't have a stop watch?....I listened to my body and walked when I felt I needed to.  This is really hard for me.  I have always seen walking as weakness....very hard mindset to get out of....but I am not 18 and running a marathon anymore am I...Getting older is tough!  Good News is that I have lost 4lbs in the last 10 days!

Here is our route for this morning.  I did not get my time this run because the stopwatch on the Ipod screwed up and I didn't know it until the end.  But I am super proud of my hubby.  He ran the 5 miles in 00:43:20...at a pace of 00:08:44/mile!  So awesome!

And now we are chillin on the couch watching football. 

 I did manage to fit in a hair cut today because my hair was once again getting too long!  I love my cut, but I think I want it a little bit shorter next time.  I also grabbed a couple things at the grocery to get us through until we leave on Monday for vacay!  And I might have treated myself to a Salted Caramel Latte....
OH SO GOOD!

Happy Saturday!  Roll Tide Roll!

No comments: