Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I am Loving

Link over to This Kind of Love to have fun telling us all what you Love today!

~Baby Pool~

It is about time to post the Baby Pool. Make your guesses at Baby #3's Pool to the right! I loved doing this with Ms. Zoe Jane and seeing what everyone thought about our little secret. My best friend Crystal ended up winning last time which was so fun! We can't wait to see what you all guess...even names!


A little clue about names: Both are VERY traditional...and by traditional I mean an oldie but a goodie! No weird spellings...no being unique....just great solid names!

I hope you all Love guessing as much as we do each and every day!

~Reactions~

Could more happen in one week!?!

We have seen A Royal Wedding make history, A Town so close to my heart survive a ridiculous Tornado, A Glorious Man, Pope John Paul II, was beatified and became "blessed", and our military had a huge victory in the war against terrorism! And I have mixed reactions, mixed feelings about all of them.

I watched the replays of the wedding...I thought it was beautiful and oh did I LOVE the reading from Romans during the ceremony! But it was not on my priority list to set an alarm and loose my beauty rest :)


I could loose some sleep over my T-Town! I can't stop looking at pictures, watching footage from the day....in awe that these things really can happen. I do LOVE how people come together in tragedy...I wish these actions took place each and every day...can you imagine? And I LOVE the song by Laura Story: Blessings...God has a hand in every thing that happens to us...good or bad!

Growing up, the only person I knew as Pope was John Paul II. As an adult, the more and more I read about him and read his inspiring words....I am in awe of the wisdom and faithfulness of this man. I LOVE that JPII is one step closer to becoming a saint!

A Man who has caused so much hurt, grief, pain in our Country is now dead. Very mixed feelings on this. I do agree with what was stated here though....

“Osama bin Laden, as we all know, bore the most serious responsibility for spreading divisions and hatred among populations, causing the deaths of innumerable people, and manipulating religions for this purpose.

In the face of a man’s death, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibilities of each person before God and before men, and hopes and works so that every event may be the occasion for the further growth of peace and not of hatred.” – Father Federico Lombardi, S.J.

~May~

I am LOVING that it is May!
We have lots to look forward to this month.
Pools are opening this weekend!~ Book Club is starting back up with an awesome new book that I can't wait to dive right into and great fellowship with some of my favorite women! ~Mom and I have set a date to paint the master bedroom and Zoe's big girl room! ~My brother-in-law will be arriving home safely from his deployment! Zoe Zoo and I will be traveling to New Bern for a weekend to give Chrysti and Joe a weekend away...and hopefully this will include a fun trip to the beach! ~ AND I will officially be in the 3rd trimester at the end of the month!
May is going to be a great month!

4 comments:

Kit said...

I love that it is May as well!!! So close to the summer!

Kelly said...

Becca -

I don't normally comment on your postings, but love them and read them every day.

I wanted to thank you for posting the song by Laura Story. My best friends family is going through some awful tragedy right now and it's a situation where you question God and how he could do something like this.

You have to start turning to God in prayer asking not for healing but for him to do his work. You have to start praying for him to do what is in his plan and not selfishly ask him to heal the person who is suffering because that is what YOU want.

Thanks again for sharing everything you do about your life, struggles, and God. You may not know some of the people very well who read your blog, but just know that certain things do help others.

I have sent this song to at least a dozen people in hopes that it did the same for them as it did for me.

Thank you!

- Kelly

Unknown said...

Kelly...I cannot agree more with questioning...It just doesn't make sense that so much suffering has to happen but GOOD ALWAYS PREVAILS! Know that in suffering...we only get a tiny glimpse of the suffering God indured for us because He loves us!

Chrysti said...

yep may is going to be great!