Saturday, March 12, 2011

Torn

I feel like any time you are passionate about something....you just want to shout from the hill tops! You want everyone to feel the way you do, to understand why you feel that way, and to know you are genuine and true in your feelings.

And this is why I am torn.

I am finding more and more....people don't want to listen. And that is ok.

Someone I am friends with on facebook the other day posted a status that I could relate with perfectly. The two of us are very different, different upbringings, different views on Faith, different....but my heart leapt for her and what she was expressing. Even though we are different....what she wrote I found beauty and joy in. If she reads this, I hope she doesn't mind I posted...it just warmed my heart so much what she wrote.

I am so thankful that I allowed GOD to open my eyes!!!! I feel like a brand new woman! What I feel inside I wish everyone could feel it!!!!! Being obedient to GOD will get you a long ways! Obeying him feels so amazing and what I feel now I could shout it from the roof tops!!!!!

I am torn because even though others don't want to hear what we have to say....should that silence us. Should we hide how we feel just because someone may not agree?

If any of you know me, you probably know it is hard for me to hide how I feel....good or bad. I am very vocal...to the point that it can come off the wrong way. I know this.

This has been one of my most persistent prayers. When you know there is something wrong about yourself....you just want to change it so badly. Well, I do at least. I have passion, but I want my passions to come across in a positive light. I want to be heard positively....if people are listening!

Have you ever struggled with this? Please tell me I am not the only one!

2 comments:

a. nicole said...

i totally feel that way! i am guilty of feeling like i can't talk about some things, especially in a public forum. but everyone else puts their bad juju out there, why shouldn't we bless someone? besides, what we're so excited about just might be what someone needs to hear!

Redneck Geologist said...

Do you think that maybe you are the one that isn't listening?