Tuesday, April 19, 2011

23 Weeks

How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby #3 is 11 inches and over 1 pound in weight...the size of a large mango. Blood vessels in Baby #3's lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that its increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing it for entry into the outside world. Love this part!

Total Weight Gain: +10, down 2 from last week. And I didn't touch the dvd...dang it.

Maternity Clothes: Same old, same old here.

Gender: Same old, same old here, too. I have loved hearing all the names for the new babies of friends and family who are also pregnant. There is so much in a name!

Gender: Tons and tons of movement...all the time. I hope this means I will have a sleepy baby once it arrives...that just wants to rest and relax in my arms!

Sleep: Sleep is getting harder and harder. I HAVE to have a pillow now for y tummy...otherwise I wake up with a terrible pain in my back. This past week, Zoe was sick too...so I had nightly wake up calls from her to rock and be held. As much as I hate interrupted sleep, I love these moments with her because all she wants is her Mommy and nothing beats that.

Symptoms: For the last couple weeks, I have had a horrible pain in my skin. It is like I have a 3rd degree sunburn. It started in my back and moved to the front of my tummy, only on one side. I am thinking in has to do with stretching when I sleep because of the lack of support. Thank goodness it is less painful now. I have never heard of this or experienced it before...very strange to me.

Best Moment of the Week: I can't say that I have one. This week was pretty rough with Zoe being sick. Just a very low key week of trying to get healthy!

No comments: