Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 Month Check Up


Zoe Jane had her check up this week and Daddy took her.....with a long list! Never again will I miss an appointment...there are way too many random things that I need to know! Here are her stats :)

Zoe weighs 12 lbs 9.5 oz and is in the 29%

Zoe is 24 inches longs and in the 42%

Zoe's head measures 16 inches and is in the 42%

I had lots of questions and Zach did a great job getting everything answered. In case you have some of the same....here are some I asked.

  • What sunscreen to use? Said any kind that is baby sensitive would be fine and over 50 spf...my baby is very fair and I don't want that beautiful skin to get burnt
  • What to do about thumb sucking....she has started at night? There is nothing....ENCOURAGING!
  • What to do to help milk flow? Sadly mother nature has struck and I think it is because I have started exercising so much....and my milk flow has slowed....it is enough for Zoe but NO MORE! The dr said to check with the OB....
  • If we could start rice cereal and what kind? Any kind....and YES! She also said to stop the night feeding!

So we went ahead and fed her the cereal......

And this picture sums up the experience.....I don't think she is quite interested in spoon feeding yet....I am going to keep trying twice a day....but it ended up being bottle fed the first night.
And caused her to do this...peacefully....from 8:30pm to 8:30am......HALLELUJAH!

So we had a HAPPY, RESTED little girl to celebrate St. Patty's Day with!
Thanks Ms. Kimberly for the PERFECT St. Patrick's Day shirt!
Hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day too.....

6 comments:

Mrs. S said...

She is such a doll Rebecca! Glad that everything went well at the 4 month check up. I will have to keep those answers in mind for when we have a little one. Happy St. Patty's!

momofbugs said...

Spoon feeding picture was the best.
Breastmilk....drink a lot of extra water, you might just be dehydrated. If you are like me, you will have plenty to feed her but won't be able to pump no matter what...not very encouraging but I hope you are different.

Thumbsucking...as you know I had two and one that kinda thought about it just because of what she saw. Now I am happy to say that nobody sucks their thumb. Best thing I can tell you is giving her the passy whenever she is looking to suck on something which will allow her palate to form as normal as possible. If it is just at night it isn't as a big of a deal because the palate corrects during the day. When she is old enought to understand tell her to put it in a thumb cage because that was all Ally needed to hear.

Mrs. Pick said...

What a sweet little girl!

I am glad to hear everything went well at her check up!

Hollyhand House said...

YAY for her sleeping through the night!! About the sunscreen...I was going to ask that when we go next month. Because I have always heard not until 6 months and we are going to Destin in May and I dont want her to get burnt. Did she say you can use it now? If so that will be great...we plan to keep her in the shade but it will help me not worry so much if she has spf too! She is adorable as always!!

momofbugs said...

From Ally: Zoe you are so cute. You are so nice. I love you. The cutest girl in the world is Zoe. Zoe I would like to bring you gifts. I love Zoe. Zoe is cute and I like to hold her. Good bye Aunt Becca. (Aunt Becca is going to love this)

Julia (aka the Blogger) said...

hey, some how came across your blog....which is so crazy RANDOM since we grew up in the same circles but live in Arizona now! You dad baptized our little girl last Feb even! Anyway, just thought I would mention this, might help ya....a friend of mine has a company www.milkmakers.com (cookies that increase your milk supply when breastfeeding) My sister in law swears by them (she is on her fourth baby) Good Luck!
Julia (Maurer) Stover