Monday, May 7, 2012

Ruffles

I think the ruffles really make a difference, don't you?
This picture oh so perfectly sums up my shopping experience yesterday!

I went bathing suit shopping...

I have been so looking forward to spring and summer...to spend more time outside without a chill in the air...yet I in no way, shape, or form have been looking forward to the attire that is necessary during these warmer months.

Don't get me wrong...I have come a long way in these last 9 months...well really 30 months since my first born arrived.  Out of the past 30 months, I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding for all but 2...2 my friends!  For the last 3 summers, I have been pregnant.  It has been okay to be huge and wear whatever was comfortable at the time...it was okay to let me belly hang out!  Ya...not so okay now.

Like I said...I have come a long way in these last 9 months...I have lost 27 lbs since August....but standing in the dressing room yesterday reminded me very quickly that I have a long way left to go.  

I just long to feel comfortable in my skin.  I don't care the number on the scale...I just want to feel comfortable!

Yesterday, I bought a bathing suit with ruffles...that is not quite my comfort zone.  Let the hard work begin! Again!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I had this come to Jesus with myself this weekend when I saw my reflection in a building window. Bring on the ruffles!