Monday, April 2, 2012

Miscellany Monday

So I am going to tell you all about Girl's Night Out with God....Miscellany Monday style!

~Daughter of God~

Did you realize that first and foremost...you are GOD'S!  Before you are your parents daughter, before you are a wife, a mother, friend, sister, teacher, nurse....
YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF GOD!

Being a daughter of God sets us apart!  The sooner we connect ourselves with Christ...the sooner we will realize that we are no better or worse than any other child of God...and hopefully, we will forgive and not hold a grudge, we will love more and judge less.  And seeing yourself as a daughter of God, in my opinion, just heightens your worth...the worth we so often as women question.  Am I pretty enough, skinny enough, am I a good enough mother, sister, daughter....
YES!  Because you are GOD'S!


~A Little Child~

In the Bible, we read about God telling us to be like children, to humble ourselves as a child!  Now, whenever I hear these things...I think of children sitting at the feet of Jesus...I would say they are 5, 6 maybe 8.  Those are the children I think of...but St. Therese kind of puts a new idea out there.  She says to not just be a child, but a Little Child...meaning one who is completely and totally dependent on their father and mother for EVERYTHING!  The Little Child can do nothing without the help of its parents...NOTHING!
We are to be like Little Children with our Heavenly Father.  We can do NOTHING without Him and we should depend on him for absolutely, positively EVERYTHING!

WOW!  Talk about humbling!

"Whoever becomes humble like a child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."

~Mary and Elizabeth~
“During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.”

Luke 1:39-47
Now...imagine this!  Let's say you are going to see a friend.  You had to travel down 85S through Atlanta up 400 and hit a ton of traffic!  You...on top of that...are pregnant...always tired, hunger and having to pee!  But, you are so excited to visit your friend...who is also pregnant!
Now...if it were me...I would get out of that car...and just load on my friend the time I had getting there!  Then we would probably catch up on the latest news about each other and the talking would go on and on.
Now...what if we started our visit with our friends the way Mary and Elizabeth did.  After Mary greeted Elizabeth...Elizabeth blessed her and spoke praise of her!  Then she thanked God for her friend and gave glory to Him!  And then I am sure they went on about their day, sharing joys and sorrows...
Can you imagine if we started each of our get togethers this way.  First we say Hi, hug and then we bless the day....bless each other...Give Glory to God.  And we pray together!  We thank the Lord for what He has blessed us with, especially the gift of our friendship....and THEN we go on talking about the good, the bad and the ugly.  I can only imagine that friendships would become stronger, happier and healthier!
Speak Blessing, Pray and then Share!

~Carry on in spite of the storm, knowing that with Him in the ship all will be well.~
Fr. Vernon Joseph


No comments: