Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Fun

Zach and I had a great weekend. It started off a little rocky and I definitely learned that communication is key in a marriage! Friday night, I met Crystal and Riley in Fairhope at Mateer's, a wonderful Piano bar and restaurant that makes some great Cocktails. We had fun catching up and seeing each other.

Saturday could not have gone any better....it was a gorgeous day! I got to sleep in and relax and watch football while Zach was at work. Once he got home, we went to a friend's to watch the Bama game and celebrate Travis' birthday. We had so much fun hanging out with everyone and WE WON! Roll Tide!

Sunday, we went to church and Zach really liked St. Margaret's too, which makes me so happy. We signed up for the Dedication Luncheon and I am really looking forward to it. After church, we met up with Crystal and Riley before they headed back to Tuscaloosa. We ate brunch at Jesse's, a five star restaurant in Magnolia Springs, about 15 minutes from Gulf Shores. Brunch was soooo good! I can't wait to go back for dinner and get a steak! They also have wine tastings and other events throughout the week that I would love to take advantage of. It was great getting to see the Hollyhands this weekend. I can't wait for them to come back down and visit again! After brunch, we went and got our pumpkins to carve! They turned out really good and we had so much fun. Another great weekend here in GS!



Zach's carving was much harder than mine and unfortunately, we only had steak knives. He had to concentrate really hard....Can't you tell!

My goofy pumpkin!



2 comments:

Redneck Geologist said...

Awesome Jack O Lanterns!! They made me laugh.

crystal hollyhand said...

We had a great time seeing yall too!! I cant wait for another visit soon! I love the pumpkins...Zachs is really good! And yours is cute too! haha :) Love you!