Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heavenly

We have been SO busy and I must say......I am exhausted! And I have thrown in the towel on trying to get through the day without caffeine. A Cup of Joe will be in my routine from now on.

Zach and I had an absolutely amazing weekend! On Friday night, we had our monthly game night which was an absolute BLAST! I love getting together and being a social butterfly....and Zach has been enjoying all my friend's husbands so much...which makes everything that much better.

Saturday, we had a first! Our first night without Zoe Jane. So bittersweet. Zach planned for Zoe to spend the night with Aunt Kimberly and Uncle Cory so we could have a night alone to celebrate my birthday. It was such an enjoyable time. We went to this restaurant....

which was started by this Top Chef runner up.....

And it was to die for! Everything that touched our lips was loved and I would love to go back! Nothing beats great food......except maybe GREAT SLEEP! We topped off the night with this

That "HOT NOW" sign just screams at you!

And we went home and had a full nights rest.....unheard of for the last 7 months....longer actually because we all know it is impossible to sleep comfortably pregnant. I slept until 9:30 AM! Heavenly. But I sure did miss that face. So we picked Zoe up right after breakfast and I couldn't be happier to see her. I don't know if I could go for more than one night....right now at least.

We celebrated Zach on Sunday with my family and more great food....My Mom is a huge Food Network Foodie....and she loves to cook all the recipes....and I love to eat them!

Such a great times with great people and great food and GREAT donuts!

3 comments:

The Girly Tomboy said...

So jealous! I love top chef, and he was one of my favorites.

What a great date!

Heather said...

How did Zoe do on her night away from you?

kimberly t. bowling said...

Um...I may have totally just licked the screen on the KK doughnut photo!! Hope your meal was delicious and your birthday date divine!