Friday, February 20, 2009

Moving Day

Today....oh what a day! Zach and I had to sleep in the living room on the blow-up mattress last night....BAD IDEA! I, unfortunately, forgot to turn on the heat....It has been so nice these last couple weeks that we have not had to turn on the heat. Last night, it got COLD! We did not sleep well, so I got up at about 4 and packed the last bit of stuff in the cars and left Gulf Shores by 5. Normally, Gulf Shores to Atlanta is between 4 and 5 hours....not when you have to drive 55 mph....pulling a trailer in the truck! That is right....I pulled the trailer in the truck all by myself for 7 hours!

What a DAY!

Once I got into Snellville, I started unloading the truck. Zach had to go into work this morning, so I got into town first. People....if you could see the hill my parents live on...you would cry for me! Cry a whole river. It is a mountain. And we couldn't pull the truck up it with the trailer attached. Let's just say, I got a workout!

Zach arrived and we headed to the storage unit to unload everything else. Then we dropped the trailer off at u-haul...and here I am! Exhausted...soar...only one battle wound to the tip of my finger and a much deserved glass of wine! Zach is off to play poker with my dad and his poker buddies (hopefully he'll win some cash). And we leave for New York in the morning. I need a vacation!

No comments: