Monday, January 12, 2009

A Pleasant Suprise

Sunday I received a call from KAITLIN! I was so excited....you don't realize how much you are going to miss someone until they are gone. Kaitlin is the person I call for just about anything so we usually talk about 15 times a day...only for minutes at a time...but it definitely adds up. So not having her for my random calls has been hard. But she called yesterday and we got to catch up. She sounded great and seemed to be having a wonderful time. We also set up Skype to talk to each other....it is so cool and free! It is hard though to be at our computers at the same time considering she is 6 hours ahead. Some of the things she was telling me about were really interesting.

In Spain, they take a break in the middle of the day and EVERYTHING closes....EVERYTHING! Everyone goes home and eats lunch at 2 and has "Nap Time" until 5. After 5, everyone goes back to work or school or whatever. Kind of crazy. They don't eat dinner until 9, which is very different....and they go to bed really late she said. She drank wine with lunch....wouldn't mind that sometimes, but it is very normal in Spain.

I can't wait to travel abroad some day....That is something on my list that WILL GET CHECKED OFF!

No comments: