Monday, January 19, 2009

A Great Weekend




This weekend my parents came into town to visit. We had such a great and relaxing time. Zach and Dad went to play golf on Saturday morning....they couldn't have asked for a better day. It was absolutely gorgeous! Mom and I ran tons of errands and I took her to Fairhope. I, once again, love that town. We walked around, got coffee, bought next years Christmas cards (good sales), went into Red & White and got La Linda....a good red wine from Argentina....we had to get it....for those of you that don't know...my mom's name is Linda. After a long conversation with the owner of Stationary Studio, I don't think she had talked to anyone all day, we headed home. That night we went to Mateer's for dinner....SO GOOD!!!!! I think they have some of the best hummus I have ever had...AMAZING! Sunday we went to Church and then headed to Jesse's for lunch....once again AMAZING. Of course football games were on, so Dad and Zach went home to watch and me and mom talked to Kaitlin on Skype in Krystal's, the only place we could find that had wifi. I would not suggest doing this to anyone. So gross...but well worth it to talk to Kaitlin. They left around 6:30 and our weekend is done. It was so much fun though and thank you so much for making the drive to come see us! We love you!

Also, thank you everyone for keeping us in your prayers. Zelda has a consultation with the doctor on Thursday to hopefully schedule surgery to get her gallbladder removed. But she seemed to be doing well when I talked to her on Saturday. Rickey is still a little sore from surgery but is doing well too. Thanks again!

I now have a request for you to keep me and Zach in your prayers. Nothing too big...but a couple extra prayers never hurt, right :)

1 comment:

Hollyhand House said...

Im glad your Mom liked Fairhope! I hate I didnt see yall. We seriously didnt do anyting but relax it was so nice. I was sick Saturday night and most of Sunday (some stomach virus...probably from the kid at school! uugh) Hope to see you soon! love you