Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas is coming!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I would say wrapping paper even though I suck at it

2. Real tree or Artificial?
REAL all the way! I never once had a fake one growing up....the smell is part of what makes christmas so special!

3. When do you put up the tree?
I haven't really decided yet ono when Zach and I will put up the tree....I don't think I could ever put it up before Thanksgiving...but I can't wait until the week before. Growing up we had a tradition to put the tree up on Christmas Eve as a family and decorate cookies. It was such a fun tradition and I will always remember the amazing memories, but I think I will make a new tradition for me and my family

4. When do you take the tree down?
The Christmas Season lasts for, I think, 12 days after Christmas.....somewhere around there I guess.

5. Do you like eggnog?
YES...but it is so awful for you that I try to convince myself otherwise

6. Favorite gift received as a child:
Every year growing up I got a new teddy bear wrapped in the same teddy bear box. It looked forward to it every year and those were my favorite gifts

7. Hardest person to buy for?
When I do buy presents for everyone....i never really have a problem. I love giving gifts so I can always think of something

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My sister Kaitlin....last year I gave a good family friend 5 ideas for her for christmas...they got them all for her....and she loved every one. She is so easy.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not for my house yet...but my mom has one that I loved growing up...she has had it forever. She would have all the characters (sheperds and wise men) travel to every room of the house leading up to christmas and then on christmas morning she would put baby Jesus and all the figures in the manager scene...I loved it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail...I love getting pictures of everyone so I will def be doing this every year

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
hmmm....It is not that I got something bad it is that we didn't get them. My mom does matching pjs every year and she didn't one year...I was not pleasant. Not that I needed pjs but I love the traditions and to not do it one year....it just didn't feel right to me.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I am done already...I start really early

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Hashbrown Casserole.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes...I like the white ones

17. Favorite Christmas song?
All I want for Christmas is You/ Mariah Carey

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Growing up we always stayed home and everyone came to us...now we will probably be traveling every year

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher and Dancer and Dooner and Blizen, Comet and Cupid and Doner and Blizten...Rudolph....No I tried

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel is my choice but I don't have one yet

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Absolutely nothing

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Every year we would get one new ornament and then get one whereever we traveled to that year. My mom then passes them to us when we have our own tree...so I get all mine this year. Zach and I have collected from our trips but we will probably carry on the same tradition

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Spend time with family
25. Who is most likely to respond to this?
My sister Chrysti loves these things...I don't know who else

26. On a scale of 1 to 10, how many lights (like the Griswalds) do you put up outside at Christmas? I don't know

27. A Santa memory?
Finding out that my mom bought Chrysti her cordless phone...and it was her SANTA GIFT...:(

28. Can you name the gifts "my true love gave to me" in the song "Twelve Days of Christmas"
Nope

29. If you could make one Christmas wish what would it be?
That Zach and I have a blessed year and so does our family and friends

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
God bless you and your families!

No comments: