Monday, April 27, 2009

Update on Baby

I just realized that I hadn't talked about the Baby in awhile and it is much needed.

The biggest change for me, that really changes every week, is my appetite. In the first couple weeks of finding out, I couldn't eat enough. I was starving ALL the time and I felt like I was eating for 10. That has definitely calmed now, but I still have a weird appetite. I now have to eat when Zach wakes up around 5:00...and I mean HAVE TO. Believe me...I just want to keep sleeping, but it is impossible with the hunger pains. Also now, I get full quicker and I can eat more in meals rather than constant snacking. Much more normal. I haven't really had any weird cravings or anything like that. Sometimes though, I get something in my head that sounds so so good and have to have it. Hot chocolate was something last week...with whip cream!

Changes in my body haven't been much. The biggest change for me has been in the girls. There are a lot of things I can't wear anymore because they are so constricting in the bust area...I can barely breathe! Otherwise, I haven't seen much change in my tummy other than it is hard as a rock. I can still wear all the same pants, but dresses have definitely become my favorite thing! I have only had a few nausea spells and headaches. Nothing really to complain about.

Sleeping has become more of an issue as of late. I don't know if it due to boredom or the baby. I have a really hard time sleeping at night between bathroom breaks...which is nothing new...but then I sleep until 10 or 11 which I hate. What a wasted day. I am looking forward to being much more busy this summer and much more active.

I have been exercising regularly, 4-5 times a week on the elliptical or walking around the neighborhood. On the scale at home, I don't think I have gained more than 5 pounds, which I am pretty happy about.

I get a weekly update on my email about the new things going on with the baby. This week, it is the size of a fig, over 1 1/2 inches long. The site says that the baby is moving a ton, is able to open and close it's hands, and is developing it's tooth buds under the gums. It all still amazes me!

I also have gone back to look at old posts on friends' blogs to see if I am going through the same things or not...just to compare. On Candace's, around this time she did a fun experiment to find out the sex of the baby with Draino, before she actually found out at her appointment. The test said she was going to have a girl..and she did. So, I might do it for fun..we will see.

I think that is all for now. Our next appointment is on May 6th. We are just going in to hear the heartbeat and get all the normal things done. Still exciting though :)

2 comments:

Candace said...

The Draino test is a lot of fun (even if it is wrong)!!

Phillips Family said...

I did some fun things I found online...I had my friend put a key on my desk and I had to pick it up w/ out looking at it...if I picked it up on that fat side - then its a boy and if I picked it up on the skinny side then it was a girl. It worked...boy! I also did the chinese lunar calendar and the hanging a pendant over my wrist thing...those indicated boy as well! Its all so much fun!