Sunday, December 29, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I absolutely love Christmas time!  I have such amazing memories from my childhood of this time of year and I want my children to have the same.  I think a big part of having amazing memories is creating traditions!

Our family is finally to the point that we can actually do things that the kids will enjoy and are age appropriate.  This year we went to a tree farm to get our Christmas tree.  I really hope to make this a tradition...not necessarily going to a tree farm every year but doing something fun to get our tree...not just buying it from Kroger.

We bought our tree from Thompson's Tree Farm, which is across the street from our neighborhood.  This is the first year we have ever visited the farm and we absolutely loved it!  The farm is family owned and they create such a great environment for families!  We bought our tree, had a wagon ride, feed and pet the cool cows, had hot chocolate in front of the fire and even sat on Santa's lap!  We had such a fun afternoon and then headed home to decorate the house and tree.














 Only lost 5 or 6 ornaments this year :(




I just love having a real tree.  The whole house smells so wonderful!  The kids loved having the tree up, too.  Zoe plugged the tree in every morning and Evan made friends with all the ornaments!  Talk about stressful!  Having the house decorated for Christmas makes it feel so comfy.  As much as I hate cleaning it all up every year, it is so worth it for the month it is all out.

No comments: