Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Kid Names!

There is so much in a name!

Our little girl's name is

Zoe Jane
My husband loved the name Zoe....of course....from Sesame Street. He first heard it there and it just stuck....sounds silly. We definitely call her Zoe Monster as a nickname. Jane has always been one of my favorite names. I am finding more and more....I am very traditional....in many ways.

When choosing names for our future babies....I want one that is common but not on the top Baby name list. I don't want them to be 1 of 10 in school.

This morning on Fox and Friends they stated the top names of 2009.

Jacob, William, Ethan

Isabella, Sophia, Ava, Olivia

RYAN MACKENZIE
I love the name Ryan for a girl....I know....not traditional. But I love it! And I don't want to change the spelling to Ryann or something that might make it more feminine because I want her to be able to find her name places....you know on name plates and sippy cups...silly...but I think this way! And middle name is Mackenzie....I just think it is a beautiful name.

OLIVER JAMES
And for a boy....we chose Benjamin Thomas if our 1st was a boy. Very traditional....but just not meant to be. Zach was never really in love with it but he said I could name the boy because he would just be so excited if we had one! Haha.....But this time around....we both LOVE our boy name. We were watching tv and heard Oliver and we looked at each other and both were like...."we really like that name". And James is a family name from Zach's side.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooh i love the name Oliver!!! Do you know when you will start trying for number two? We are hoping for Liam and Baby #2 to be two years apart.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

What a precious baby girl, and I love her name too! Your other names are beautiful as well!

Britni said...

I am reading your blog from Kelly's Korner. I love the name Zoe Jane! I have a 3 month old named Zoey Brynn! :)