Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebrating my Oliver

The month of November is a time of remembrance for all who have passed within the year. On November 7th, Gwinnett Medical held a Remembrance Ceremony for all the babies who had passed this year. It could not have been planned at a better time. I got to celebrate both my babies in the same weekend. And it was so nice because many of our family members who were not able to celebrate at Oliver's Mass with us were able to come to this ceremony, including Zach's parents, my sister and her girls and my aunt. I cannot even express how much it has meant to Zach and me to have the support of our family this past year.

At the ceremony, there was a candlelight and balloon release. Each person was given a card to attach to a balloon and at the end of the ceremony, we released them all. It was extremely freeing of my emotions. It is amazing how every feeling I had on September 9th came rushing back to me....very quickly. It was so nice to meet some other mothers who have gone through the same year I have. So comforting.I love you, Oliver! I can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

momofbugs said...

Those were really sweet pictures. I am so glad that we got to share this day with you. Can't wait to meet him when my time comes!