Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Zoe's 1st Camping Trip!

Let me just start by saying that I have to most awesome husband!  After the Men's Retreat in March, some of the guys had decided to take the oldests camping over the summer.  I was so excited for Zoe and Zach and I knew it would be such an awesome time!  I grew up camping and absolutely loved every second, so of course, my hopes would be that Zoe would, too!  

The month leading up to the trip, we talked to Zoe about camping and everything she would be doing and how fun it would be.  Zoe is not an outdoors person, so I thought some pumping up was necessary.  Turns out....the girl had so much fun and can't wait to camp again!

Saturday morning, Zach, Zoe, Ben, Flint, Brad and Nick headed to Lake Burton for the night!

This is probably my favorite picture from the trip...it really captures all their little personalities and I think it is hilarious!
 Once they got camp set up, it was off to play in the water falls!


Mr. Jenny (also known as Ben) skipping rocks...
 Zoe skipping rocks...


 Back at camp, they cooked out hot dogs and s;mores, of course!  Hearing some of the stories about the weekend just made my day.  Zoe is such a girly girl...the boy were playing with sticks and I am sure doing very boy things and Zoe invited them to come twirl and decorate her castle.  I couldn't stop laughing because this is her to a tee.

 Best daddy in the world...he even made a toilet paper holder for her!



Following the leader, the leader, the leader....
Sunday morning, they packed up and headed to Covecrest for Mass...a perfect ending to any weekend if you ask me!
It seriously just makes me fall more and more in love with Zach seeing him be such an amazing Daddy.  And having other men be a part of Zach's life that help him strengthen his faith and make him be a better father is just an absolute gift from God!

Zoe's 1st Camping trip was a complete success!  I can't wait for us to get to camp as a family!

No comments: